You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling).
What personal data we collect and why
We collect the following personal data from you:
- Basic contact details: We collect your name, email address, postal address and telephone number so that we can contact you about your business listing on our App and web directory and any products and services that we have from time to time agreed to provide to your business.
- Business details: We require you to provide the name of the business you represent and details of the goods/services your business offers so that we can publish your business listing on our app and provide you with the best possible service, tailored to your business’s needs.
- Payment details: We require your payment card details so that we can obtain payment for any in-app paid for features and services that we provide to your business
- Correspondence: We collect any additional personal data that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our app, website or by any other methods. If you contact us by telephone, we may record the call and make notes in relation to your call for training and service improvement purposes, to comply with our legal obligations and to be able to deal with any dispute or defence of a claim which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We track your use of our website through cookies and other similar technologies so that we can provide important features and functionality on our app and website, monitor its usage, and provide you with a more personalised experienced.
We use your personal data provided for the following purposes:
To create a business listing on our directory and provide you with the features and services you have requested
We use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning customer, validate and publish your business listing on our directory and provide you with the features and services you have requested on sign up.
To advertise the details,address and contact details of your business on third party search engines, social media sites and other relevant business websites to promote your business on your behalf
If you have registered for this service, we share the identity, address and contact details of your business with third party search engines (such as Google), social media sites (such as Instagram and Facebook) and other relevant business websites so that we can help promote your local business to your target audience and drive potential customers to your Go Local app profile .
We use the contact details you have provided to us so that we can communicate with you about the features and services we provide and to keep you informed of new features or changes to the terms of the contract between us
To confirm your identity and verify the information you provide
To process payments
We process your payment card details so that we can obtain payment for any paid-for features and services you have requested and collect any future payments or overdue amounts.
Direct marketing (including by third parties)
We value and protect your data, to ensure that it is held securely and that all of our communications are relevant and useful to our members and subscribers, if you have any queries please get in touch directly
We fully respect your right to control your personal data and will continue to provide the opportunity to unsubscribe from our email communications at any time via the button/link contained in every communication we send.
To track your usage of our website, communications, features and services
We also use tracking technology within our emails to capture information such as the time and date you open our emails and the type of device used to open it. We use this information to understand the effectiveness of our email communications so that we can improve them in the future and provide a more personalised overall service to you.
To contact you about a contract renewal for paid-for products and services
We use the telephone number you have provided to us so that we can call you to discuss the renewal of the membership contract between us for any paid-for features and services we provide.
Please note that if we haven’t heard back from you after your membership renewal has expired or if you’ve told us your business no longer requires any of our paid-for features and services we will retain a basic free business listing on our directory for your business. We will remove your listing if you tell us to .
To provide and improve customer support
We use your personal data to be able to provide and improve the customer support we provide to you (for example, where you have questions about our products and services).
To conduct internal training
We may use your personal data for internal training purposes so that our staff have the knowledge and expertise they need to ensure we provide you with the best possible customer experience
To conduct market research and analytics
We may analyse your personal data to better understand our customer base. We may also invite you to be involved in market research to helps us improve our features and services.
To maintain our records and improve data accuracy
As with any business, we process personal data for our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes
We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our services to you, in the most effective manner.
To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations
In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies, including Trading Standards, if they request it.
Your rights and how to contact us
The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal data and our use of it. You have the right:
To ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
To ask to see what personal data we hold about you and to find out about the way that we process the data
To ask us to temporarily stop using your data if you don't believe that we have a right to use it, or to stop us from using your personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it; and not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of 'automated processing' (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human) in certain circumstances.
To ask us to correct or update any personal data which is inaccurate;
To ask for personal data to be deleted in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;